Tuesday, October 16, 2007

marry me, burke!



Cristina,

I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there, in sickness and in health. I could say till death do us part.

But I won't.

Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope.

I am not optimistic.

I am not hopeful.

I am sure. I am steady. I'm a heart man.

Take 'em apart, put 'em back together, hold them in my hands. I am a heart man.

So this, I am sure.

You are my partner. My lover. My very best friend.

My heart. My heart beats for you.

And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands, I promise you... me.


grey's anatomy
season 3, episode 25


isea @ 6:20 PM